“If you’re born without wings, don’t do anything to stop them from growing.”
Once you arrive in London, and you have your residence (you get it in a post code), the most urgent thing you should do is take out your NIN number, in order to work in the United Kingdom, I’ll tell you the steps:
You need to apply by phone for a National Insurance number.
National Insurance number interview
Jobcentre Plus may write to you and ask you to come to an interview where you’ll be asked about your circumstances and why you need a National Insurance number.
The letter will also tell you which documents to bring to prove your identity, such as:
- passport or identity card
- residence permit
- birth or adoption certificate
- marriage or civil partnership certificate
- driving licence
You’ll be told at the interview how long it’ll take to receive your National Insurance number.
If you change your address before you receive it, tell the Department for Work and Pensions by contacting the National Insurance number application line.
1. Morning, XXX speaking, how can I help?
Hello, I would like to apply for my National Insurance Number.
2. Ok, are you in the UK at the moment?
3. Perfect. Have you applied before?
No, it is the first time.
4. Ok, so why do you need the National Insurance Number please?
I am looking for a job and I need the number to work.
5. No problem. What nationality are you?
6. Do you have any other nationalities?
7. How long have you been here? When did you come to the UK?
A fews day ago / Last week / Two weeks ago
8. Ok. So what is your surname please? Your last name?
9. Ok. What is your date of birth please?
I was born on April the 9th of 1991.
10.Ok. What is your first name please?
11. Ok. And your post code please?
12. Ok. And what is your address please?
13. Thank you. And have you got a contact telephone number please?
14. Thank you. So, are you looking for a job at the moment?
15. And do you have any disabilities or health problems?
16. Ok. So I just need to give you a reference number first of all for your application, so if you will like to write down this number please?
17. The reference number is: XXX
18. So I am going to look up now to what appointments we have available, ok? So just one moment please.
19. The nearest place you can have the appointment done is the job centre in XXX.
20. The next available appointment we have is on the XXX at XXX
21. Do you know where the Job Centre in XXX is? Or would like the address?
Yes please, tell me the address.
22. The post code is XXX and the address is XXX.
Ok, thank you.
23. Ok, when you go there you have to bring along with your passport and a proof of address, and anything that you have from where we can get your identity.
Ok, no problem.
24. So just to remind you, the appointment will be on the XXX at XXX in the Job Centre in XXX, is that ok?
Yes, it is ok.
25. Ok perfect. Thank you for your call. Bye.
I hope you find all this information very useful, I wish you all the success of the world in the application of your work here in London, because everything is possible here and you can get the job you want.!